1. Bachelors degree in mathematics/ statistics/ economics or equivalent; Masters degree is preferred
2. At least 6+ years of relevant experience in analytics preferably in the fields like Strategy Development, Loss Forecasting/Reserving, Modeling, Risk Strategy, Marketing etc.
3. Excellent communication skills with technical (the team) and non-technical (senior entity management in region) counterparts; being able to "translate" between the two worlds is the major thing in the day to day work.
4. Strong analytical skills with an ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
5. Good organizational, analytical, problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills.
6. Prior experience in managing risk activities in retail lending is essential.
7. Prior experience in managing Retail portfolios such as Mortgage, Cards, Loans and Overdrafts
8. Prior experience with acquisition risk strategy, account management strategy or strategy analysis and portfolio management would be preferred. Exposure to TRIAD and SMG3 would be a plus.
1. Role Purpose
Credit Risk Management Strategy is one of the key functional areas within Retail Risk Management. This function owns the development of Origination and Account Management strategies for the different Regions within the group across all retail products (secure and unsecure).
This role applies to the Business Consulting job family and would encompass formulating strategies such as approve/decline, limit table, line management, re-pricing, authorizations, etc., in accordance to the strategic direction of the Business area
The role requires the incumbent to lead the Credit Risk Strategy function for the HBME Region, reporting into the Head of Credit Risk Strategy
2. Service Delivery:
Responsibilities on Strategy Development would include Approve / Decline, Limit Assignment, Risk Based Pricing, Line Management, Authorizations, Re-pricing & Re-issue, among others
Develop understanding of the HBME portfolio, and changing regulatory environment to develop and recommend strategies that are suitable to the Business area and direction
Liaison with multiple regional support to establish best practices and implement "best in class" analytical processes across the group Train team on analytical and communication skills
Identify hiring and training needs for the team, make sound hiring decisions and implement a solid training plan to up skill both new hires and existing / tenured employees
Identify opportunities for standardization of analytical processes to bring in effectiveness and gain efficiency
Drive innovation for self and the team to deliver incremental business value to the Region
Implement sound project management practice for the team to delivery error free projects with high analytical content
Develop presentations that are Business Ready
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area:Analytics & Business Intelligence
Role Category:Analytics & BI
Desired Candidate Profile
Careernet Technologies Pvt Ltd
Contact Company:Careernet Technologies Pvt Ltd